Red Bean Gumbo Mix
- Gluten Free
- High Protein
- High Fiber
- Non GMO
- No Artificial Ingredients
Gumbo is a beloved Louisiana tradition – cooked and enjoyed in homes and restaurants all over the state. And if you’re looking for a foolproof way to make perfect, flavorful gumbo your whole family will enjoy, our new Red Bean Gumbo Mix makes it easy to prepare! Just add a few ingredients, and simmer on the stove or in your slow cooker. Featuring a bold seasoning packet right in the bag, this savory mix turns into a hearty, nutritious, and delicious main dish. Simply serve over hot fluffy rice, and you’ve got a great dinner any night of the week. Plus, it’s high in fiber, gluten free, non GMO, and has no artificial ingredients.
Camellia is a trusted, family-owned New Orleans company that’s been bringing you the highest-quality beans since 1923, and now we’re proud to introduce Red Bean Gumbo Mix as part of a line of great-tasting dinner and soup mixes that make busy weeknight dinners simple.
|Serving Size: 3 tablespoons dry beans + 1 teaspoon seasoning (39g)|
|Number of Servings: about 11|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 50||Calories from Fat 4.5|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 0.5||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 23g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
red kidney beans, salt, paprika and other spices including chipotle peppers, dehydrated garlic, dehydrated onion, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate
How To Make It
- Rinse and inspect beans.
- In a large heavy pot, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Brown the chicken over high heat.
- Once the chicken is brown, add the onions, celery and bell peppers.
- Sauté over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add beans, broth, and spice packet. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice and simmer 30 minutes, until beans are soft and rice is cooked.
- Garnish with sliced green onions if desired.
Add water or stock as necessary to obtain desired consistency.
Find the Slow Cooker version of this recipe here: www.camelliabrand.com/SlowCooker
Additional Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut in ½ inch pieces (about 16 ounces)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 quarts of chicken broth
- ¼ cup long grain rice
- ½ cup of green onions, sliced (optional)