Slow Cooker Chipotle Black Bean Soup
- Rinse and inspect beans.
- In a large heavy pot, heat oil. Add onions, bell pepper, and 1/3 of enclosed spice packet, and sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Transfer the contents of the pot to the slow cooker, as well as rest of spice packet and all remaining ingredients (excluding toppings).
- Cook for 8 hours on high or for 12 hours on low.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings.
- Add water as necessary to obtain desired consistency.