Slow Cooker Spicy Lentil and Sausage Soup
- Rinse and inspect beans.
- In a large heavy pot, brown sausage in 1 tablespoon oil and remove from pot.
- Add the remaining oil, carrots, celery and onion. Sauté over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Transfer the contents of the pot to the slow cooker, and add enclosed spice packet and all remaining ingredients.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or for 6 hours on low.
- This is a very thick soup. For a thinner consistency, add another cup of water at the start of cooking.