Creole Red Beans Mix
- Gluten Free
- High Protein
- High Fiber
- Non GMO
- No Artificial Ingredients
Red Beans and Rice is a beloved New Orleans tradition – cooked and enjoyed in homes and restaurants all over the city. And if you’re looking for a foolproof way to make perfect, flavorful Red Beans and Rice your whole family will enjoy, our new Creole Red Beans Mix makes it easy to prepare! Just add a few ingredients, and simmer on the stove or in your slow cooker. Featuring a bold seasoning packet right in the bag, this savory mix turns into a hearty, nutritious, and delicious main dish. Simply serve over rice with Andouille or smoked sausage, or enjoy as a meatless meal. Plus, it’s high in fiber, gluten free, non GMO, and has no artificial ingredients.
Camellia is a trusted, family-owned New Orleans company that’s been bringing you the highest-quality beans since 1923, and now we’re proud to introduce Creole Red Beans Mix as part of a line of great-tasting dinner and soup mixes that make busy weeknight dinners simple.
|Serving Size: 1/4 cup dry beans + 3/4 teaspoon seasoning (48g)|
|Number of Servings: about 10|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 130||Calories from Fat 9|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
red kidney beans, salt, yeast, dextrose, beef broth concentrate, disodium inosinate and guanylate, hickory smoke, caramel color, spice, dehydrated garlic, celery seed
How To Make It
- Rinse and inspect beans.
- In a large heavy pot, heat the oil and sauté the onions, peppers, and celery over medium high heat for 3 minutes. Add sausage of choice or ham, and sauté 2 minutes more.
- Add water, beans and contents of spice packet. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until beans are soft, about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. For a smoother consistency, use the back of a spoon to mash some of the beans on the side of the pot.
- Serve over rice.
Add water as necessary to obtain desired consistency.
Serving size per package: ¼ cup dry beans + ¾ teaspoon seasoning
Servings per package: about 10
Additional Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 green pepper, chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 12 ounces Andouille (Ahn-do-ee), smoked sausage, or ham (chopped) (add more if desired)
- 6 cups water
- Cooked rice