Black Bean Chili
- Sauté garlic and onion in butter, until limp, about 4 minutes, in a large pot. Stir in brown sugar and cook until onion and garlic are browned slightly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add red wine vinegar, tomato paste, chicken broth, cumin, cayenne, chili powder, and wine to pot. Bring to a simmer and cook approximately 35 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by half.
- In a skillet, fry the bacon in oil until it browns. Remove bacon from pan and set aside. When cool, chop into small pieces.
- Brown the ground meat in bacon grease, about 20 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Add bacon, beef, and beans to reduced wine mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook until chili has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.