Cauliflower Lima Bean Au Gratin
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook the cauliflower florets in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 5 to 6 minutes, until tender but still firm. Drain. In a large bowl, gently mix cauliflower with cooked beans.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add flour, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Pour hot milk into the butter-flour mixture, and stir until it comes to a boil. Boil, whisking constantly, for 1 minute, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, and add 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 3/4 cup of the Cheddar cheese, and the Parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- Pour 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom of a large casserole dish. Place the drained cauliflower & bean mixture on top, and then spread the rest of the sauce evenly over the mixture. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until top is bubbly and brown. Serve hot or at room temperature.