Chipotle Pinto Bean Tortilla Soup
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add oil, onion, garlic, bell pepper, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and stir. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables are soft.
- Add cumin and chili powder and stir well. Add salsa and vegetable broth and stir. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add cooked pinto beans and corn. Stir, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover pot.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, make the crunchy tortilla strips. Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375 degrees. Lightly drizzle tortilla pieces with olive oil and a sprinkling of salt, and toss to coat evenly. Spread in a single layer on toaster oven tray or cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve soup with crunchy tortilla strips and optional toppings in ramekins.
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker.