Colonel Vincent’s Southern-Style Baked Beans
- Rinse and sort beans. Cover beans with water, add ham bone, onion, bell pepper, paprika, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Cook over low fire about 1 ½ hours, or until tender.
- Remove ham bone. Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar, mixing lightly.
- Spoon half of the mixture in a baking dish, cover with ¼ pound sliced bacon.
- Spoon remaining half of the mixture into the baking dish and cover with remaining ¼ pound sliced bacon.
- Bake 1 ½ to 2 hours in 350°F oven.