Contributed by CreoleContessa.com
Hot 7-Layer Dip with Andouille & Bacon
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Add diced bacon and cook until crispy. Remove cooked bacon and set aside on paper towel to drain.
- Add Andouille sausage to bacon grease in frying pan and cook until browned, around 15 minutes. Remove cooked sausage and set aside on paper towel to drain.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- To make the refried beans, add 3 tablespoons of oil, cooked pinto beans and spices to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, adding bean cooking liquid or water as necessary. Spread bean mixture in bottom of slow cooker.
- On top of bean mixture, add layers of sharp Cheddar cheese, drained pickled jalapeños, Monterey Jack cheese, Andouille sausage, bacon and Mexican cheese blend.
- Cover with slow cooker lid and cook on low for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Remove lid and garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole and tortilla chips.
Lisa, the Creole Contessa food blogger, is a California girl who spent childhood summers in Louisiana with her late grandmother. Her goal is to take her family’s traditions and love of cultural foods and put a Creole spin on them.