Jamaican Jerk Black Bean & Corn Salsa Tacos
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add red onion and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- To the skillet, add cooked beans, jerk seasoning blend, garlic powder, lime juice and water or bean-cooking liquid. Cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings, and add more water or bean-cooking liquid if mixture is dry.
- Cook ears of corn over a grill or a gas flame until roasted to your preference. Cut corn kernels off cob. Or, add frozen corn to a heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat. Cook until kernels have browned, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes.
- Cool corn and add to a bowl with chopped red onion, cilantro, and halved grape tomatoes. Season mixture to taste with salt, pepper, cayenne and lime juice.
- Warm tortillas by wrapping in aluminum foil and heating in a 350° oven for 15-20 minutes. Or, heat individual tortillas over a gas burner flame, using tongs to flip and slightly char each side.
- Add bean mixture and corn salsa to warmed tortillas and add toppings as desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from veganricha.com.