Red Beans and Rice Boudin Balls with Dipping Sauce
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown ground pork. Add seasoning blend, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning and garlic powder, and simmer until tender. Add water and continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a separate skillet, brown smoked sausage. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pork mixture, rice, parsley, green onions, smoked sausage, and cooked red beans. Refrigerate to cool completely.
- Use a portion scoop to form 1-inch balls.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Place corn flour in a separate bowl.
- Roll each ball in corn flour, and then dip in egg wash. Then roll each ball in corn flour again.
- Place balls in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Heat oil to 360 degrees. Fry balls for approximately 10 minutes, and drain on a paper towel-covered plate.
- Mix all dipping sauce ingredients together, and serve alongside boudin balls as an appetizer.