Slow Cooker Shredded Pork & Pinto Tacos
- Rinse and sort beans.
- Place pork shoulder in a slow cooker. Add pinto beans, beer or chicken broth, tomatoes, garlic, jalapeños, onion, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, taco seasoning, salt and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high heat for 4-6 hours.
- Remove lid at end of cooking time and shred pork using two forks directly in the slow cooker. If there's too much liquid, continue to cook with cover off for a little while. If it's too dry, add more water.
- Warm tortillas by wrapping several in aluminum foil and heating in a 350° oven for 15-20 minutes. Or warm individual tortillas over a gas burner, using tongs to flip and heat each side.
- Add pork and bean mixture to warmed tortillas and add toppings as desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum.