Southern Blackeye Peas
- Rinse and sort blackeye peas.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ham and bacon.
- Cook stirring occasionally until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add onion, bell pepper and celery, sauté for 3 minutes, or until onions are slightly translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add blackeye peas, stock, water, pepper, and cayenne, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until peas are tender, about 75 minutes.
- Serve with Easy Pan Fried Pork Chops and Southern Collard Greens.