Spicy New Orleans Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Rinse garbanzo beans thoroughly. Add garbanzos and water to Instant Pot.
- Set Instant Pot on high pressure for 35 minutes, close valve and start.
- When the timer beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 20 minutes. Then, turn the valve to vent.
- Allow the beans to cool, then drain. Set aside 2 cups of the cooked garbanzos. (Store the remainder in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 6 months.)
- Make seasoning mixture: In a small bowl, combine paprika, salt, cayenne pepper, thyme and garlic powder.
- Heat the air fryer to 400ºF, add the 2 cups cooked garbanzos and set timer to cook for 12 minutes.
- Halfway through, at 6 minutes, open the air fryer, spray beans with cooking spray, and shake.
- Close and resume cooking for remaining 6 minutes.
- Transfer garbanzo beans to a bowl and sprinkle with half of the seasoning mixture, mixing to coat completely.
- Transfer back to air fryer and cook for an additional 3 minutes at 400ºF.
- Transfer back to bowl and mix in the remaining seasoning mixture while the beans are still hot.
- Serve as a snack or use as a crunchy topping for salads