Zydeco Chop Chop Red Beans & Rice
- Rinse and sort beans; soak beans if desired.
- In a large heavy pot, melt 1/4 stick butter over medium heat. Set aside 3 tablespoons of the Zydeco Chop Chop and add remainder to pot. Sautè for 30-45 seconds.
- Add beans and water.
- Bring to a rolling boil for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beans are desired tenderness, about 1-2 hours.
- Add salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning to taste.
- In a separate pan, cook sliced sausage for 5 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons rehydrated Zydeco Chop Chop in the last minute of cooking.
- Add cooked sausage to the red beans.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.