Personal information includes a customer’s name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card or other account number, and information about that individual’s activities when including information about purchases made.
Purchases & Other Information Submissions (Recipes, Tips, Stories)
- We might request certain information about your tastes and preferences (such as your favorite foods, purchases or recipes).
- Information you provide might be used for some or all of the following:
- to provide services you have requested, or to otherwise fulfill your request; and
- to contact you from time to time about services on our website for which you have expressed interest; with news, for internal marketing, informational, and promotional purposes; or for any other lawful purpose related to your use of the website.
- Additionally, your information might be used, together with other information you submit to us in conjunction with your use of the website, for the following purposes:
- for editorial purposes, such as when you submit a recipe to us (e.g., to attribute your submitted recipe to you);
- to contact you for any reason regarding content you have submitted to the website (e.g., to ask you a question about a recipe you have submitted); and
- to identify you by name when posting content you submit to us on the website (e.g., when you request a recipe on the website, to post your name and a description of the recipe you are requesting).
- We collect personal information such as your credit card, credit card billing address, and related billing information if you purchase products or services on our website. We use this information to fulfill your orders and bill you for them.
- When you place an order, our secure server software (SSL) encrypts all the information you’ve input before it is sent to us, including your name, address and credit card number. All of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access. By using or making purchases from our website, you consent to the collection and use of this information by Camellia Brand.
- Any information that is not personally identifiable information but is publicly displayed on the website (such as user name and photos) might appear in the results of searches conducted on Internet search engines while you are using the website and potentially for some time period after your information is terminated, depending upon the search engine’s indexing practices.
You may receive our transactional business communications such as administrative messages at your email address or street address. While we reserve the right to send you our transactional business communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them, we do provide you with the opportunity to select whether or not you wish to continue to receive our subscription-based emails. See the Email & Newsletters section for information on how to manage your subscriptions.
Email & Newsletters
If you submit your email address to us to initiate a subscription to one of our newsletter(s) we ask for personal information such as your name and email address. This personal information is only used to send you the newsletter(s) you are opted in to receive. You may choose not to receive promotional emails or electronic newsletters from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the specific email from which you wish to opt out.
Correcting/Updating Personal Information & Opt-Out Policy
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows the error. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to this information.
You may opt out of receiving commercial email from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in the message. To get placed on our “DO NOT EMAIL” list, please send a request to email@example.com. If your email address is added to the “DO NOT EMAIL” list, you will not receive any newsletters or other opt-in email messages.
Contests, Sweepstakes, Promotions, Offers & Surveys
Our website sometimes includes notices of contests, sweepstakes, promotions and offers, and we may permit you to enter electronically in some cases. If that occurs, we will use the information you provide for the purpose of conducting the promotion (e.g., to contact you if you’re a winner). We don’t share this information you give us with anyone outside of Camellia Brand.
From time to time, our site may conduct questionnaires and surveys. Survey information is treated like all of the information we collect, and it is used to help us improve the appeal of our products and our site.
Camellia Brand takes your privacy and security seriously; for this reason we have established physical security measures including locked doors and files, electronic security and managerial controls that limit the potential for misuse of information by employees and contractors.
Participation in these contests, sweepstakes, promotions, offers and surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore may choose whether to disclose personal information in connection with these activities. Personal information requested in these activities might include contact information (e.g., your name and shipping address) and demographic information (e.g., your zip code or age). We use this information to notify you if you’ve won and to award prizes. We use information we collect in surveys for internal purposes, such as to ascertain the use of this website and improve its usefulness to you. We might also provide third parties with this information, and might combine it with some or all of your registration information. Third parties might use the information we provide them to contact you regarding products or services of interest to you. These disclosures are discussed in greater detail below in the “Disclosure of Personal Information” section. When we provide information collected during a contest, sweepstakes, promotion, offer, or survey on the website to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection.
Like most companies, Camellia Brand uses “cookie” technology on our website. We might place one or more cookies in the browser file of your computer. When you log in, the cookie tells us whether you’ve visited us before or are a new visitor. The cookie doesn’t track any personal information about you or provide us with any way to contact you, and the cookie doesn’t extract any information from your computer. Cookies are simply the best way for us to be able to offer you the most enjoyable and hassle-free online shopping environment. If you do not want these cookies stored on your computer you can reject them by modifying your browser settings accordingly (each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences).
Disclosure of Personal Information
- Consent: With your consent, we might disclose your personal information to third parties in order to provide you with products and services that you have requested.
- With your consent, we might disclose information you provide to us during registration to third parties in conjunction with (i) your entry into a contest, sweepstakes or promotion, (ii) your request of an offer, or (iii) your participation in a survey or similar activity on the website. You might be asked for additional information in order to enter the contest or promotion, request an offer, or participate in a survey. The third parties will use the information we provide to them, along with any information you provide during your entry, request or participation, in order to (i) notify you if you have won a prize in a contest or sweepstakes, and (ii) to fulfill, or facilitate fulfillment of, requests for products or services you may make in connection with your entry, request, or participation. These third parties are contractually obligated to keep all such information confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which it was provided. When we provide information collected during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the website to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection.
- Camellia Brand’s Own Business: We might share personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. We require our third-party vendors to keep such information confidential and to only use the information for the purpose it was provided.
Opt-Out of Personal Information Disclosure
You may request that Camellia Brand not sell your personal information by sending a request to opt-out to DisclosureOptOut@camelliabeans.com. Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with you or your household. For example, it could include your name, email address, records of products purchased, internet browsing history, and geolocation data, that could create a profile about your preferences and characteristics.
We might have links to other websites from our website. We do not control, and therefore cannot be responsible for, the collection, use or disclosure of your information by any such third-party website. The privacy policies of such websites might differ from that of our website; therefore, we encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of such websites before providing them with any information.