Black & Gold Pasta Salad
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta to pot, and cook for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Drain pasta in a colander, and rinse with cool water.
- Transfer pasta to a large bowl, and add 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil.
- In a separate, medium bowl, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil with Creole mustard, mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, cane syrup, lemon juice, hot sauce, smoked paprika, Cajun seasoning, salt, and black pepper. If dressing is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to thin slightly. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- To the pasta in the large bowl, add shallots, tomatoes, bell pepper, celery, black beans, and olives. Toss to combine. Add dressing, and mix until well combined.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with optional cooked shrimp or chicken and freshly chopped parsley, and serve.