Contributed by Chef Jamie Warrick
Chickpea Aquafaba Meringue Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 200° with racks placed in the upper-middle and lower-middle positions. Line two half sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Combine aquafaba and cream of tartar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium speed until foamy, 2-3 minutes.
- With the mixer still on medium speed, gradually pour in sugar, followed by vanilla extract. Increase speed to high, and continue to beat until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. Fold in ground, dehydrated strawberries.
- Spoon meringue into a piping bag fitted with a star tip, and pipe into quarter-sized rounds on the prepared sheet pans (about 48 per pan). Bake until cookies are dry and crisp, approximately 1 ½ hours.
- Transfer sheet pans to wire racks, and let cookies cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.