Creole Chicken and Red Bean Gumbo
- Rinse and inspect beans.
- Using 1/3 of the enclosed spice packet, liberally coat the chicken.
- In a large heavy pot, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Brown chicken and remove from pot.
- Add the remaining oil, onions, celery and carrots. Sauté over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add beans, broth, chicken and remaining spice packet. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice and simmer 30 minutes, until beans are soft and rice is cooked.
- Garnish with green onions if desired.
Add water as necessary to obtain desired consistency.