Creole Shrimp & Red Bean Tacos
- Add all coleslaw ingredients (except for cabbage) to a food processor or blender, and pulse until smooth. In a bowl, toss 3/4 of the dressing with shredded cabbage and refrigerate. Reserve the rest of the dressing for topping tacos.
- Pat shrimp dry. To a bowl, add shrimp and Creole seasoning. mix thoroughly to cover shrimp with seasoning.
- In a wide skillet, heat oil or butter over medium heat. Add shrimp in a single layer to hot skillet, and sauté just until shrimp are seared and cooked through (pink). Be careful not to overcook.
- Warm tortillas by wrapping in aluminum foil and heating in a 350° oven for 15-20 minutes. Or, heat individual tortillas over a gas burner flame, using tongs to flip and slightly char each side.
- Add cooked shrimp, red beans and cilantro lime coleslaw to warm tortillas. Top with additional dressing, if desired, and add other toppings to taste.
Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum.