Easy Vegan Coconut Curry Lentils
- In a large heavy pot, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add green onions, garlic, ginger, curry powder, and red pepper flakes; cook for about 5 minutes or until onions have softened and aromatics have released their flavors.
- Add the vegetable broth, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Add lentils, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and mushrooms; stir to combine.
- Turn down to medium heat, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn down to low heat, uncover, add coconut milk, then gently simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Just before serving, stir in chopped baby kale.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve over rice or with naan or pita bread.