Contributed by CooksWithSoul
Kid-Friendly Sloppy Joe Dogs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- To a skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef and season with salt. Break up the meat with a spatula and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until completely browned.
- Add chili powder, onion and garlic, and stir to combine. Cook until onions are softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar.
- Gently stir in cooked black beans and reduce heat to low.
- Allow beef and bean mixture to simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add cooked hot dogs to buns, then top with beef and bean mixture.
- Add optional toppings, if desired.
Krysten is a Maryland-based recipe developer and photographer. She is also one-half of the popular food blog, Cooks with Soul, where she and her husband, Marrekus, publish recipes and digital content. When she's not busy with her food blog and photography business, she works part-time as a behavior analyst with kids who have autism and related disorders. Krysten is a mom of three and a self-proclaimed cheer mom, football mom, and special needs parent.