Navy Bean Bacon Chowder
- Rinse and sort beans. (Optional: Soak beans using your preferred method.)
- Cook beans until they are tender.
- Cook bacon in medium skillet over medium heat. Drain and crumble.
- Combine carrot, celery, onion, turnip, Italian seasoning, pepper, beans and bacon in slow cooker; mix slightly.
- Pour broth over top. Cover and cook on low 7 1/2 to 9 hours or until beans are crisp-tender.
- Ladle 2 cups of soup mixture into a 4-cup container and purée in food processor or blender. Return mixture to slow cooker.
- Add milk to slow cooker. Cover; cook on high 15 minutes or until heated through.