Contributed by Louisiana Cookin'
Shrimp and White Bean Soup
- To a Dutch oven, add 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally until crispy, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove pancetta from pot, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together shrimp, garlic, lemon zest, ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add shrimp to pot, and cook over medium-high heat until browned on both sides but not cooked through. Remove from pot, and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add leek; cook, stirring occasionally until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in beans, broth, water, and remaining 2½ teaspoons salt. Increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until beans are tender but not falling apart, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Stir parsley and lemon juice into bean mixture. Return pancetta and shrimp to pot. Cook until just heated through, about 5 minutes. Garnish with additional parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.
This recipe and photo are courtesy of our friends at Louisiana Cookin’ magazine.