Vegan/Vegetarian Cajun Jambalaya
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a medium pot over low-to-medium heat. Add sliced vegan sausage to pot, and sauté until browned. Remove sausage and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pot. Add onion and bell pepper, and sauté until soft.
- Add 2 ½ cups water, the Jambalaya Cajun Seasoning Mix, and reserved vegan sausage to the pot. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover pot and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes, or until all water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, and fluff with a fork. Let rest uncovered for 5 minutes.
- For extra flavor, substitute 1 can of diced tomatoes for 1 cup of water.
- Use a combination of your favorite vegetables and plant-based protein.