Creole Pico De Gallo
- Follow the links for the instructions to make the Pico de Gallo and refried Red Beans. Set it aside for later.
- Warm the salsa by pouring the salsa into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring the salsa to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and then reduce the heat to low until you’re ready to serve. This step can also be achieved in the microwave. Heat in 30 second intervals stirring until warmed throughout. (Won’t reduce as much as stovetop method)
- In a small skillet over medium heat, warm each tortilla individually, flipping as necessary. Spread the black bean mixture over each tortilla and place each tortilla on an individual plate. If using Jack cheese, sprinkle it over the tortillas. Set it aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, pour in 1 teaspoon canola oil and wait until it’s shimmering. Carefully crack an egg and pour it into the skillet without breaking the yolk. Fry the egg, lifting and tilting the pan occasionally to redistribute the oil, until the whites are set, and the yolk is cooked to your preferred level of doneness. Place the fried egg on top of a prepared tortilla and repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Spoon the warmed salsa across the egg covered tortilla, avoiding the egg yolk. Use a slotted spoon or fork to do the same with the Pico de Gallo.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and add your choice of additional garnishes.
- Serve immediately. If you don’t use up all your beans, leftovers are a great dip for tortilla chips.