Curried Lentil Soup
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onion, potato and carrot; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook approximately 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add half of chopped garlic; stir until vegetables are soft but not brown; about 4 minutes longer.
- Add 2 tablespoons curry powder; stir about 1 minute.
- Add lentils and 4 cups water. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until lentils are tender (about 30 minutes).
- Puree garbanzo beans, lemon juice, ¼ cup water, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and rest of garlic in blender or food processor.
- Add garbanzo bean puree and butter to soup. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and curry powder.
- Add water if needed for thinner consistency.
- Sprinkle with thinly sliced green onions and serve with lemon wedges.