Curt Guillory’s Cajun Hummus
- Place the red beans in a heavy pot or pot of pressure cooker, rinse, and fill with enough cold water to cover the beans by one inch. Let soak for at least 1 hour, preferably 2-3 hours.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Cook until very soft. If cooking on the stovetop, be sure to stir occasionally to avoid sticking and scorching.
- While the beans are cooking, place the pecans in a food processor and process until a paste is formed. Scrape down the bowl as needed. Reserve to a small bowl for later use.
- Allow the beans to cool until they can be safely handled.
- Add the beans with cooking liquid, pecan butter, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and all-purpose seasoning to the bowl of a food processor and process until very smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Stir in cubed tasso, reserving a small amount for garnish.
- Top with sliced green onions and diced tasso.
- Serve with fried pork rinds for additional Cajun flavor.