Instant Pot Navy Beans
- Press the SAUTE button on Instant Pot and add olive oil.
- Once heated, add sausage and brown on both sides, stirring often, about 10 minutes/
- Push browned sausage to one side and add onion and bell pepper. Stir and cook until glistening, about 5-8 minutes, then stir sausage, onions and bell peppers together.
- Add chicken stock and water and stir.
- Place lid on and lock and seal.
- Set PRESSURE COOKER option on high for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- When done, carefully unlock seal valve to remove pressure, then open lid and stir contents.
- Add smoked paprika, Slap Ya Mama seasoning and garlic powder to taste.
- Cook, uncovered, on BEANS/CHILI setting for an additional 15-20 minutes, stirring often to avoid sticking. (Temperatures may vary with different brands of pressure cooker.)
- Serve over rice with a side of cornbread.
Angie Dumas is a Lifestyle & Food Blogger and Recipe Developer. Angie started out as a food writer doing restaurant reviews and now develops recipes for brands on her website. She loves creating new recipes, reviewing products, spending time with family, traveling and seeing the world!