Southern Collard Greens
- Heat a large Dutch oven over low heat. Add bacon, and cook until all the fat is rendered out, and bacon is crisp, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove crisp bacon from pot, and set aside on paper towel-lined plate.
- Add onion and garlic to pot, and cook until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add stock, vinegar, sugar, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil, and add collard greens.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer, about 45 minutes.
- When greens are tender, add crumbled bacon, and serve with Easy Pan Fried Pork Chops and Southern Blackeye Peas.