Contributed by The Saucy Southerner
Creole Pinto Beans and Greens Soup
- In a large stockpot, over medium heat, add the oil.
- Add the carrots, parsnips and celery, stir to coat with oil.
- Cover pan and allow to simmer for about 6 minutes.
- Add the leeks, stir to combine, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, stir to combine, cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vermouth and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and water stir to combine.
- Add the Creole seasoning, oregano, salt, marjoram and black pepper, stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil for about 10 minutes; reduce heat to simmer and continue to cook until the beans are softened (about 1½ hours).
- Add the greens and the Tabasco sauce.
- Stir to combine and simmer until the greens are softened (about 15 minutes).
- Serve hot.