Instant Pot Lima Beans & Greens Soup
- Rinse and sort beans.
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot, and add the oil. Add chopped onion and vegetables, and sauté until soft. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute more.
- Add broth, beans and red pepper flakes; stir well.
- Turn Sauté mode off. Cover Instant Pot, twist to lock the lid, and turn the valve to sealing. Use the Manual mode and set to 30 Minutes.
- When the timer beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes. Then, turn the valve to venting.
- Remove lid. Set to Sauté mode, and stir in greens, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook until greens are wilted (1 minute for spinach or watercress, and up to 20 minutes for collards or chard).
- Serve hot.
- If after Step 5, beans are not soft enough, put the lid back on and make sure the release valve is set to sealing. Use Manual mode to cook at high pressure for another 5 to 10 minutes. The pot will quickly come back up to pressure because the contents are already hot. Then continue with Step 6.
- Get more Instant Pot Tips, Tricks & How-To’s.