Gumbo Cajun Roux Base
- All Natural
- No MSG
- No Artificial Flavors
- Vegetarian & Vegan Friendly
South Louisiana is famous worldwide for the rich stew we call gumbo. Our Camellia® Brand Gumbo Cajun Roux Base is a perfect blend of authentic Cajun spices and vegetables you can use to easily prepare a delicious gumbo from scratch.
|Serving Size: 2 Tbsp (15g)|
|Number of Servings: 12|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 50||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 0||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
Enriched WHEAT Flour (Unbleached Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Turkey Flavor (Yeast Extract, Salt, Natural Flavors), Sprouted Wheat Flour, Onion, Red and Green Bell Peppers, Celery, Soybean Oil, Garlic, Caramel Color, Spices, Sugar
Produced in a facility that processes: MILK, EGG, WHEAT, and SOY
How To Make It
JUST ADD MEAT OR SEAFOOD FOR A CLASSIC ONE-POT MEAL
- In a medium pot, add ½ tsp. oil. Cook 1 lb. chicken and 1 lb. sausage (cut into bite-size pieces) over medium heat until browned.
- In a separate bowl, whisk Gumbo Cajun Roux Base into 7 cups cool water until combined. Add to chicken and sausage in pot, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat for 40 to 50 minutes (or until desired consistency is reached), stirring occasionally. Serve over rice.
We’re vegetarian and vegan friendly too! Replace meat or seafood with collard greens, turnip greens, mushrooms, or your favorite plant-based protein.
MAKE IT JUST RIGHT
- Use peeled shrimp or crawfish to make a seafood gumbo.
- Add seafood in last 15 minutes to prevent overcooking.
- For extra flavor, add vegetables like chopped okra, collard greens and green onion.
Serving size per package: 2 Tbsp (15g)
Servings per package: 13 servings